EMMET COUNTY, MICHIGAN
Emmet County EMS is currently hiring for all Paramedic and EMT positions, full-time and part-time.
Emmet County EMS is a county government based EMS agency providing prehospital emergency care and transport to the residents and visitors of Emmet County, Michigan. We staff three stations across the county; Mackinaw City, Harbor Springs Area, and Petoskey Area. In addition to responding to emergency calls, we also provide support for numerous year-round special events and participate in community education and awareness.
Thanks to the support of our residents, our operations are based in modern well-appointed stations. We respond and transport with the latest in equipment and technology in well maintained ambulances. We also employ Stryker Power-Cots and Power Load systems to help reduce provider strain and injury and maintain patient safety.
If would like us to contact you with more information regarding available positions or our application and hiring process, please use our quick and easy contact form.
- Flexible scheduling, 24 hour and 12 hour shifts.
- 401A contribution of 8% starting on first day of employment– vested after one year.
- 457 Investment Plan access as a local government employee.
- Municipal Employee’s Retirement System – Health Care Savings Program contribution.
- Comprehensive Blue Cross/Blue Shield Medical Plan, minimal contribution for premium individual/family packages.
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Free and low cost personal and family Life Insurance packages
- 96 hours per year of General/Medical Leave
- 32 hours per year of Personal Leave
- Vacation hours earned (per year) based on years of service: 1 year =40 hours, 2-4 years =80 hours, 5-9 years =120 hours, 10-19 years =160 hours, 20+ years =200 hours
- $1,500 per year tuition reimbursement
Part-Time and Full-Time Benefits
- Paid training and educational opportunities
- Uniforms provided at no cost with Boot Reimbursement.
- 2.5x hourly rate paid for holidays worked
- Modern stations with private bedrooms, full kitchens, and laundry services.
- Part-time staff accrue vacation based on hours worked.
Salary Ranges (2023):
EMT– $18.14 – $19.82
Paramedic – $20.05 – $22.90
Emmet County is an equal opportunity employer. Full-time employment is considered 48 hours per week, part-time employees work 12-24 hours per week.