EMS Assure Program Information
Emmet County EMS offers the Assure Program, a membership to help people in our service area save money if they use an ambulance or EMS services. Members pay a one-time annual fee that covers the entire cost of ambulance services whether or not they have insurance. With this program, there are no bills from Emmet County after using ambulance or EMS services.
Before enrolling, you may want to contact your insurance plan or financial adviser to see if membership in the program will benefit you or your family. You do not need this program to receive ambulance service.
For additional information, including information on veterans’ waivers, call (231) 776-1000.
- No out-of-pocket expense for medically necessary ambulance service to the nearest facility.
- Emmet County EMS ambulance service covered in full with or without medical insurance coverage.
- Membership covers Basic and Advanced Life Support services provided by our ambulance service.
- Protection that goes beyond commercial insurance plans and Medicare coverage. We bill directly for your convenience. Medicaid recipients are not eligible.
- One membership covers your entire family. Note: This is NOT insurance.
- Veterans’ waiver: Insurance copay and/or deductible waived.
New member: $55 single, $65 family/couple
Renewals: $50 single, $60 family/couple
(self, spouse, unmarried children under age 26 living at home qualifies for family coverage)
Download the membership form to print, fill out and mail with check to:
Emmet County EMS
1201 Eppler Rd
Petoskey, MI 49770
Membership begins for new members the day we receive the application and payment, and expires one year later. Renewals occur on the previous year’s expiration date.
Emmet County EMS Assure Program Coverage Area
- All of Emmet County
- Portions of Hebron and Mackinaw Townships in Cheboygan County
Call (231) 776-1000 if you have questions about the coverage area, or download the Emmet County EMS Service Area Map.
Membership will not cover services outside of the coverage area.
To download a copy of the Assure brochure that was mailed out to homes, please click here.